Point Eight’s highly skilled Service Department has more than 55 years of experience in switchgear troubleshooting and servicing. Our technicians are on call 24 hours a day and are ready to travel worldwide whenever they are needed to troubleshoot, service, start up or commission your electrical equipment, switchgear or generator controls. Point Eight will service any manufacturer or name-brand equipment.
We provide the following services:
- Startup assistance & commissioning
- Testing & calibration
- Equipment maintenance programs
- Breaker repair, maintenance, and certification
- Thermographic inspections
Startup assistance & commissioning: Our job is not complete until we know that your gear is installed properly and operating within your specifications.
This process includes:
- Verifying customer external control and power connections before start up
- Setting up, testing and calibrating e-protective relays and metering devices
- Verifying complete system operation in accordance with design criteria
When these procedures are completed, you can rest assured that your switchgear will operate properly whether it is Point Eight’s or any other manufacturer’s.
Testing & Calibration: In order to keep all the protective systems running as they should, we recommend yearly testing and calibration. We have the capability of performing both single- and three-phase relay and meter testing. We can perform micro-ohmmeter testing on your circuit breaker’s main contacts. This process includes adjusting and verifying the operation and set points to your specifications.
Equipment Maintenance Program: Proper maintenance of switchgear will keep your system running well and extend the life of your equipment. We recommend a yearly maintenance program that includes:
- Verifying the accuracy of the metering and protective system
- Verifying the proper torque on the bus connections
- Main circuit breaker testing and inspections, verifying both mechanical and electrical operations
- Performing Megger and Hi-Pot testing to prove the integrity of the bus-insulation system, all in accordance with ANSI and IEEE standards
Our technical assistance hotline is open 24 hours a day. Simply call 1.800.284.1522 , or click here to e-mail us your questions and contact information.